Replacing your windows during a siding replacement definitely is the best time because there are many flashing systems that help with water intrusion. When the old siding is torn off, we now have access to your subwall (aka Sheathing). Your “Weather Barrier (Rain Screen per sate code) House Wrap” also is a key component to flashing windows.
Flashing for windows
- 6” Membrane Tape Flashing (Hydroflash, Vycor, Fortiflash, DuPont flashing tape)
- Sill Flashing
- Z Metal Flashing
- Foaming the gaps between your window and framing
- Window Trim (Can help as another layer to protect against water damage and dry rot
With all that being said, questions to answer before deciding if you need new windows in the first place.
- Are any of my windows foggy looking?
- Are my window frames Vinyl, Aluminum, or Wood?
- Do I have the budget for new windows?
- Are my windows leaking?
- How old is the home?
Contact us today if you are having any issues with your windows or siding so we can clearly explain our installation practices.