Is your siding in need of replacement? Are you looking at contractors and are inundated with the choices? Installing siding is a big project, and yes, it can be overwhelming.
A contractor’s work directly impacts the quality and long-term performance of your siding. So why not hire a reliable, professional contractor you can trust?
With siding installations completed by experts who completed the training and possess the proper resources, you can rest assured that your siding will look great.
In this article, you will learn:
- What is a James Hardie Elite Preferred contractor
- Benefits of hiring a James Harding Elite Preferred contractor
- Dangers of not hiring a James Hardie Elite Preferred contractor; and
- Much more
Table of Contents
- What Is a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor?
- What Is the James Hardie Contractor Alliance Program?
- How a Contractor Qualifies for the James Hardie Contractor Alliance Program
- 4 Benefits of Hiring a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor
- 5 Dangers of Not Hiring a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor: How Improper Installations Can Cost You in the Long Run
- Tips for Hiring a James Hardie Contractor for Your Home
- Questions to Ask Before Hiring a James Hardie Contractor
- Get the Job Done Right With a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor at Elite Home Exteriors NW
What Is a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor?
Home improvement projects, such as replacing siding, are undertaken for various reasons. A homeowner may decide to make repairs after years of usage; other homeowners want to improve their home’s comfort and value.
It is essential to find a James Hardie Elite Preferred contractor when interviewing contractors for these projects.
Why is this important?
The James Hardie Elite Preferred contractor is a status given by James Hardie to contractors that exemplify the highest standards.
James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractors are contractors that demonstrate excellence in:
- Professionalism: and
- Customer service
The contractor must meet the manufacturer’s strict requirements to earn this honor. These requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Adherence to best practices during installation
- Licenses should be in order
- Adequate insurance; and
- Having a “Likely to Recommend” score of at least 90% with GuildQuality, a third-party customer satisfaction surveying service
What Is the James Hardie Contractor Alliance Program?
James Hardie Building Products introduced the James Hardie Contractor Alliance Program in 2014. Since then, the initiative has provided valuable assistance to numerous contractors and homeowners across the country.
The James Hardie Contractor Alliance Program connects homeowners with local siding contractors across the country who can repair and replace siding as needed.
Choosing a James Hardie board installer ensures that your installation will be done according to James Hardie’s standards.
You will have the peace of mind that your siding installation has been handled correctly the first time, ensuring your happiness and satisfaction with the long-term results.
How a Contractor Qualifies for the James Hardie Contractor Alliance Program
James Hardie Preferred Contractors are the top siding contractors.
In order to become a member of the James Hardie Contractor Alliance, contractors must show a general understanding of Hardie Siding and how it is installed.
James Hardie representatives will also visit previously completed and in-progress projects to assess the quality of the contractor’s work. Reviews and testimonials of homeowners are also taken into account.
James Hardie’s Contractor Alliance program provides contractors with:
- Business development tools
- Training; and
- Opportunities to attend James Hardie events
James Hardie prides itself on the quality of its fiber cement products. The company continues to set the bar for the rest of the industry.
Still, even the best products can fail if they are not correctly implemented by trained and knowledgeable professionals.
Elite Home Exteriors is an ELITE Preferred Contractor of James Hardie. Our company follows James Hardie Installation Best Practices and maintains a satisfactory credit report.
4 Benefits of Hiring a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor
You shouldn’t settle for just any siding contractor. Instead, make sure you hire a highly skilled and experienced James Hardie siding installer.
The following distinguishes James Hardie Elite Preferred Siding Contractors:
#1: Peace of Mind That Your Siding Will Be Installed Properly
A trusted Elite Preferred Contractor will install James Hardie siding that delivers long-term performance.
Fiber cement sidings require more manpower and skill to install than vinyl sidings because they are heavy and cumbersome.
A certified James Hardie board installer guarantees that your installation will meet James Hardie’s high standards. Having your siding installation done right the first time will ensure your happiness and satisfaction with the results.
#2: Your James Hardie Warranty Is Protected
As we have discussed, a James Hardie Preferred Contractor is among the top siding contractors. In addition, when you hire one of them, you get amazing warranty coverage.
If you hire an unqualified siding contractor or do your own siding installation, you could void or invalidate your siding warranty.
When you choose a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor, you can rest assured that you will receive the full benefits of your 30-year, non-prorated James Hardie warranty.
When offered by a trustworthy company, James Hardie’s comprehensive warranty is invaluable. So enjoy the beauty of your siding with the assurance that it is backed by a warranty.
#3: James Hardie Preferred Remodelers and Contractors Are Highly Trained
James Hardie Company trains Preferred Contractors in the proper installation of their products.
If you choose a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor, you can rest assured that your siding installation will be done with precision.
#4: You Get the Expertise and Knowledge From Years of Professional Experience
Choosing the right siding style and color for your home’s architecture and personal taste can be facilitated by your James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor.
An experienced James Hardie Preferred Contractor comes to the table with the …
- Experience; and
… of how to bring out the best in your home as well as current style trends.
5 Dangers of Not Hiring a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor: How Improper Installations Can Cost You in the Long Run
#1: Improper Clearances
The manufacturer’s recommended clearances must be adhered to when installing fiber cement.
The following must be cleared from the siding during installation:
- Steps; and
Adequate space should exist between the:
- Hardie siding; and
Water damage can occur if clearances are not followed during Hardie siding installation.
Due to the flaws in the installation, water or snow will sit against the siding and eventually find its way in, resulting in a long list of moisture problems.
It is easy to avoid these problems with proper installation.
#2: Improper Nail Attachment
Nails should either be blind-nailed or face-nailed, not both. In addition, their size and position must be precise.
If the size and position are not precise, the siding will not have room to contract or expand, and waving will occur.
#3: Improper Caulking
To ensure a successful installation, caulking must be done properly. The wrong choice of caulking product or a poor caulking job can have disastrous results even if you follow every other aspect of proper installation.
If your siding is James Hardie ColorPlus, you should not use caulking. To prevent moisture from penetrating the wall cavity, Hardie siding contractors seal the joints.
#4: Improper Cutting
It is possible for siding boards that aren’t cut correctly or are fastened to your house too tightly to rub against your window frames and door frames, causing them to flex or buckle.
Also, when cutting fiber cement siding, you need particular types of saws.
A James Hardie certified installer will have the right tools to provide a quality siding installation with on-site custom cutting.
#5: Improper Flashing
The purpose of flashing is to provide a watertight connection between the roof and the siding. It works by overlapping coverage.
Water damage to both siding and flashing will result if the flashing or siding is installed incorrectly.
Tips for Hiring a James Hardie Contractor for Your Home
Establishing trust and a shared vision for your home are two key components of choosing a contractor.
Following are a few steps to help you find the right professional for your job:
- Ask friends and neighbors — You can get referrals from your neighbors, friends, and colleagues.
- Research contractors — Check with the local Better Business Bureau or Consumer Affairs Office about contractors.
- Knowledge and experience — Choose an experienced contractor for the project you need to be completed.
- Professional Association — Do you know if your contractor is a member of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry?
- Organize and prepare — You should prepare a description of the project and your expectations before meeting a contractor.
- Be consistent — Share the same information with each contractor you meet with.
- Get estimates — You should meet with three licensed and insured contractors to obtain written estimates.
- Compare estimates — All requests must be included, and the price should be based on the final result.
Questions to Ask Before Hiring a James Hardie Contractor
To find the perfect contractor for your job, consider asking the following questions:
- How long has your business been operating?
- Do you have a state or trade organization license?
- What is the name of the project supervisor on the job?
- Can you tell me how many projects like mine you have completed?
- Is your company covered by liability insurance or worker’s compensation?
- Could you please provide me with a list of business referrals?
- May I have a list of personal referrals?
- Does your business often receive repeat or referral business?
Get the Job Done Right With a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor at Elite Home Exteriors NW
As a family-owned business, Elite Home Exteriors treats all customers with the same respect. Integrity and transparency are the cornerstones of our relationship with clients.
It is our pleasure to be a James Hardie ELITE Preferred Contractor.
As a James Hardie ELITE Preferred Contractor, you can rest assured that:
- All products will be installed correctly for optimal performance
- Our company adheres to James Hardie Installation Best Practices; and
- We maintain a satisfactory credit rating
Contact Elite Home Exteriors today to schedule a free estimate and find out just how beautiful your home can be.