If you’re in the market for a new siding material, you may be wondering if Hardie Board is worth the investment.
After all, it is more expensive than some of the other options available.
There are many reasons why Hardie Board may be worth the extra money.
In this article, we will explore some of those reasons and help you decide if Hardie Board siding is right for your home.
Table of Contents
- Is Hardie Board Worth the Investment?
- Is Hardie Board Worth It? 10 Reasons Why Choosing Hardie Board Is a Good Idea
- Is James Hardie Board Worth It Compared to Traditional Siding Options?
- Hardie Board Siding vs. Vinyl Siding
- Hardie Board Siding vs. Wood Siding
- Elite Home Exteriors: A James Hardie ELITE Preferred Contractor Serving Vancouver and Portland
Is Hardie Board Worth the Investment?
Hardie Board, also known as Hardie Plank, is a great option for those looking for durable and long-lasting siding material.
It’s made to withstand harsh weather conditions, so you can be sure it will look great for years to come.
Hardie Board is also affordable and easy to care for compared to other types of siding.
Is Hardie Board Worth It? 10 Reasons Why Choosing Hardie Board Is a Good Idea
If you are researching siding options for your home, it doesn’t take long to realize that Hardie Board is more expensive than many of the other options available.
This is because Hardie Board is made of fiber cement, which is a more expensive material than vinyl or wood — both of which are pretty challenging to acquire at the moment.
Besides that, there are many reasons why Hardie Board may be worth the extra money.
Want to be sure that Hardie Board Siding will be a good investment for your home? Contact a James Hardie ELITE Preferred Contractor, like Elite Home Exteriors.
Keep reading to learn more about Hardie Board and why it might be right for your home.
#1: Excellent Warranty
Many homeowners are hesitant to invest in Hardie Board because of the higher price tag.
However, what they may not realize is that Hardie Board typically offers an excellent warranty for their products.
It is not uncommon to find Hardie siding comes with a 30-year limited transferable warranty, which is one of the best in the industry.
If you’re looking for a siding material that you can trust will last, Hardie Board is a great option.
#2: Handsome Curb Appeal
One of the biggest reasons why homeowners choose Hardie Board is because of its handsome curb appeal.
It has a genuine “wood look” that can add value and elegance to any home.
The beautiful appearance of Hardie Board is one of the reasons it has become so popular in recent years.
Homes with Hardie Board siding often receive compliments from friends and family members — something that is sure to give you a sense of pride each time you walk outside your home.
Hardie Board is known for its durability because it:
- Holds up well against the harshest weather conditions
- Is easy to maintain, requiring only regular cleanings to keep it looking new
- Will only need to be repainted after about 15 years
The bottom line: Hardie Board lasts a lot longer than most other siding options available on the market.
#4: Storm Resistant
Since Hardie Board is so durable, it’s also resistant to storms and wind damage.
Many homeowners specifically choose Hardie Board because of its storm resistance capabilities.
If you live in an area that is prone to severe weather conditions, Hardie Board may be the perfect siding option for you.
Homes with Hardie Board are often the last ones standing after a major storm.
Another benefit of Hardie Board is that it is fire-resistant.
This means that if your home ever catches on fire, the Hardie Board siding:
- Will not contribute to the fire
- Can be a major advantage for homeowners who are concerned about fire safety
Homes with Hardie Board are less likely to experience fire damage, which can be a major plus in the event of an emergency.
#6: Pest Resistant
Hardie Board is also pest resistant, meaning you don’t have to worry about insects or rodents damaging your siding.
This is a major advantage, especially if you live in an area that is known for having pests.
Pests can cause serious damage to wood and vinyl siding, but they are not a threat to Hardie Board.
#7: Variety and Customized Options
One of the best things about Hardie Board is that it comes in lots of colors and styles, so you can choose the perfect look for your home.
You can also customize your Hardie Board siding to fit your specific needs.
This means that you can choose from a variety of widths, thicknesses, and textures to create a look that is unique to your home.
No matter what your style may be, Hardie Board has a color and style that will match.
If you’re looking for a siding material that you can customize to fit your needs, Hardie Board is a great option.
#8: Environmentally Friendly
Hardie Board siding is made with sustainable materials, which means it is environmentally friendly.
This is a major advantage, especially if you are concerned about the environment.
Hardie Board is also recyclable, so you can feel good about choosing it for your home.
Homes with Hardie Board are not only beautiful and durable, but they are also eco-friendly.
#9: Installed by Experts
Elite Home Exteriors is a James Hardie ELITE Preferred Contractor, meaning we:
- Have met the highest standards in the industry
- Offer exclusive benefits and product warranties that you can’t find anywhere else
- Are experts in installing Hardie Board siding; and
- Make sure your home looks beautiful and is protected from the weather
If you’re looking for beautiful James Hardie siding that will last for years, Elite Home Exteriors is a perfect choice. Click below to contact us today for a free consultation.
#10: Increases Resale Value
One of the best things about Hardie Board siding is that it increases the resale value of your home.
This means that if you ever decide to sell your home, you can expect to get more money for it than you would with other types of siding.
Homes with James Hardie Siding are always in high demand. So, if you’re thinking of selling your home in the future, Hardie Board is a wise investment.
Is James Hardie Board Worth It Compared to Traditional Siding Options?
Hardie Board is an increasingly popular choice, but is Hardie Plank worth it compared to other options?
Each type of siding has its unique advantages and disadvantages.
Keep reading to learn about which siding may be the best option for your home.
Hardie Board Siding vs. Vinyl Siding
Let’s compare Hardie Board siding to vinyl siding:
- Hardie Board is made with cement, while vinyl is made with plastic. This means that Hardie Board is more durable and will last longer than vinyl.
- Hardie Board is resistant to fire, pests, and weather damage, while vinyl is not.
- Vinyl is a budget-friendly option, and it is available in a variety of colors and styles.
- Homes with vinyl siding may require more maintenance than homes with Hardie Board.
- If you’re looking for a durable, environmentally friendly option, Hardie Board is a good choice because it is made with sustainable materials and is recyclable. Vinyl siding is not recyclable.
- Homes with Hardie Board siding tend to have a higher resale value than homes with vinyl siding.
In the end, the choice between Hardie Board and vinyl siding depends on your individual needs and preferences.
Hardie Board Siding vs. Wood Siding
Now let’s do a comparison of Hardie Board siding vs. wood siding:
- The oldest type of siding, wood siding, is made from natural materials and has a warm, rustic look. However, wood siding is susceptible to moisture and insect damage.
- Hardie Board is made with sustainable materials, which means it is environmentally friendly. Wood siding is not environmentally friendly.
- Hardie Board does not need to be painted or stained every few years. However, wood siding needs to be painted or stained every few years to protect it from moisture and insect damage.
- Hardie Board is more expensive than wood siding, but it is more durable and requires less maintenance.
- Hardie Board is installed by experts and increases the resale value of your home. Wood siding may or may not be installed by experts, and does not increase the resale value of your home.
Hardie Board is a great choice for homeowners who want a …
- Durable; and
… siding option.
So, is James Hardie siding good enough for the cost of investment?
The answer is yes.
Hardie Board offers several advantages over other types of siding, including:
- Storm resistance
- Fire resistance; and
- Pest resistance
If you’re looking for a high-quality siding material that will last for years, Hardie Board is a great option to consider for your home.
Elite Home Exteriors: A James Hardie ELITE Preferred Contractor Serving Vancouver and Portland
At Elite Home Exteriors, we are an ELITE James Hardie Preferred Contractor.
Our team is made up of experienced, professional installers who have been trained to provide the best possible installation experience.
Being a James Hardie ELITE preferred contractor is more than just a name, it’s about having:
- Quality and durability backed by science
- A proven product that can withstand almost any extreme weather conditions; and
- Peace of mind knowing your Hardie Board has been installed by one of our certified contractors who have passed rigorous training requirements
So don’t settle for less — go with the Elite team.
Contact Elite Home Exteriors today to schedule your free consultation and estimate.