Does your siding need to be replaced? Have you compared siding prices and are overwhelmed? Yes, siding installation is a big project, and it can be daunting.
You need to consider James Hardie Board Siding if you are looking for quality siding.
As a pioneer in creating fiber cement siding, James Hardie has been involved in siding for over 125 years. The company offers homeowners several design options for its siding products.
In this article, you will learn:
- How long does Hardie board siding last
- Tips to increase the lifespan of Hardie board siding
- And more
Table of Contents
- How Long Does Hardie Board Last?
- 4 Reasons Why Hardie Board Lasts for 30 Years
- 3 Tips to Increase the Lifespan of Hardie Board Siding
- Elite Home Exteriors Is a James Hardie ELITE Preferred Contractor Committed to Excellence
How Long Does Hardie Board Last?
Hardie Board siding stands up to the elements with ease. Despite being in direct contact with the elements 24/7, it continues to look fantastic and protect your home.
The Hardie Board Warranty Says it All
How long does Hardie Board Siding last? How about 30 years?
A 30-year, non-prorated warranty is included with all James Hardie siding products — James Hardie’s warranty is the best in the siding industry.
James Hardie honors its warranty when a James Hardie Preferred Contractor installs the product.
James Hardie Company eliminates installation guesswork by certifying only the best installers as ELITE Preferred Contractors. In addition, James Hardie’s rigorous standards for approved contractors ensure homeowners receive all the warranty benefits.
In contrast to other siding companies, James Hardie does not decrease the warranty coverage on their siding products as the years after installation increase. This is a significant benefit for homeowners.
Hardie Board Warranty Requirements
The performance and durability of James Hardie products are extremely important, which is why the warranties are excellent.
Let’s take a look at three Hardie Board Warranty Requirements:
- Installing and using the James Hardie product must be done in strict compliance with published installation instructions and all laws, regulations, and building codes.
- Within thirty days of discovering a defect, Covered Persons must notify Hardie in writing.
- Suppose a Covered Person discovers a claimed defect. In that case, they must immediately, and at their own expense, ensure the protection of all property that could be affected until the claimed defect is resolved.
Please remember, James Hardie only honors its warranty when a James Hardie Preferred Contractor installs the product.
James Hardie has named Elite Home Exteriors an ELITE Preferred Contractor. James Hardie Installation Best Practices are followed by our company and we maintain a stellar credit report.
4 Reasons Why Hardie Board Lasts for 30 Years
When it comes to longevity, James Hardie siding is similar to brick or stone and should last at least three decades of your home.
James Hardie siding is a tough, resilient product that is more impact-resistant than many other siding types. Hardie board can withstand anything from dents from a summertime hailstorm to nicks from your kids playing baseball in the backyard.
Hardie board siding is known as the toughest siding product in the industry — its track record gives you peace of mind that it will last.
The main reason this siding is so durable is that it is made from:
- Sand; and
- Cellulose fibers
#2: Paint and Finishes
You can rely on James Hardie’s exclusive ColorPlus Technology for lasting color.
The baked-on finish outlasts primed, custom-painted siding consistently. Its beautiful, uniform appearance comes from multiple layers of baked-on paint applied in optimal factory conditions.
As a result of daily sun exposure, many siding products start out one color and change to a duller one over time. Due to its built-in UV resistance, James Hardie ColorPlus technology assures homeowners a paint finish that resists fading.
This detailed process ensures homeowners will be satisfied with their siding for years to come.
#3: Storm Resistant
Storms and hail can damage your siding. Hardie Board siding, however, is more resistant to heavy impacts due to its composition and strength. It will not crack or dent, and it is one of the best ways to safeguard your home from storm damage.
This product can withstand:
- High winds
- Harsh humidity; and
- Temperature changes
Moisture cannot penetrate the siding, so homeowners do not have to worry about:
- Swelling; or
Despite its constant contact with the elements, Hardie Board siding looks fantastic and keeps doing its job of protecting your home.
#4: Fire Resistant
While James Hardie fiber cement cannot be considered fireproof, it is deemed fire-resistant.
Building professionals consider James Hardie siding products to be a safer alternative to wood or vinyl siding because James Hardie siding is non-combustible.
Hardie Board siding gives you and your family the added protection to provide you with peace of mind in a fire.
3 Tips to Increase the Lifespan of Hardie Board Siding
Even with a great warranty, there are things homeowners can do to maintain their Hardie Board siding.
#1: Proper Installation
It is of utmost importance that your James Hardie siding is installed correctly.
The James Hardie Company certifies only the best installers as James Hardie Preferred Contractors to ensure a quality installation.
Among the things a James Hardie Preferred Contractor knows are:
- How to correctly anchor vinyl to studs
- Which nail to use
- How to apply adequate pressure to the nails
- How to properly install flashing
- And more
Using their rigorous standards for contractors, James Hardie ensures homeowners get all the benefits of their outstanding warranty.
#2: Moisture Prevention
It is rare for James Hardie siding to develop a problem, but it can occur from time to time.
The following two tips can combat moisture and help you get the best results from your Hardie Board Siding:
- Be sure to adjust sprinklers so that water does not spray directly on your siding. You should make sure the ground does not get wet near your planks or siding since this can cause mold to grow.
- Plants and trees should be trimmed away from your home. This is so they do not prematurely wear down parts of your siding material.
#3: Regular Maintenance
To maintain its integrity, Hardie board siding requires:
- Economical; and
- Easy maintenance
To get the best results from your siding, here are a few maintenance tips:
- Spray the siding every six months with a garden hose at low pressure to remove dirt and other contaminants.
- Ensure the caulking is regularly checked and reapplied when necessary.
- It will likely need to be painted every 12 to 15 years; wood siding usually needs to be stained or painted every five years.
Elite Home Exteriors Is a James Hardie ELITE Preferred Contractor Committed to Excellence
Elite Home Exteriors is a family-owned business that treats its customers the same way.
Elite Home Exteriors provides installation services by experienced, professionally-trained installers.
It’s more than just a name to be a James Hardie ELITE preferred contractor; it’s about having:
- A product with science-based quality and durability
- A proven product that can withstand a wide range of extreme weather conditions; and
- The peace of mind of knowing that your Hardie Board has been installed by one of our certified contractors who have passed rigorous training requirements.
Do not settle for less — choose the Elite team.
Schedule a free consultation and estimate with Elite Home Exteriors today.