You know it’s time. Your siding is cracked, broken, or showing its age.
Replacing siding is an investment — so you want to do it right.
You’re hitting the keyboard, searching for the best time of year to replace siding. But is there a time that’s better than another? A season or month to avoid replacing siding?
You may be finding conflicting information while searching. The siding pros are here to straighten out those myths. Keep reading to learn the answer to what REALLY is the best time of year to replace siding on your Pacific Northwest home.
Table of Contents
- Is There a Best Time of Year To Replace Siding in the Pacific Northwest?
- Weighing the Pros and Cons of the Best Time To Replace Siding Throughout Different Seasons
- Elite Home Exteriors: James Hardie Installation Professionals in the PNW
Is There a Best Time of Year To Replace Siding in the Pacific Northwest?
No. In the Pacific Northwest, it’s always the best time of the year to replace siding.
The best time for your home, though, may depend on personal things like:
- Your budget
- Do you have enough money for this project? Or do you need to save a bit more?
- Your outdoor plans
- Do you have a backyard party planned? Or guests visiting?
- The condition of your current siding
- Is it showing signs of rot? Or is water getting through?
At Elite Home Exteriors, any time of the year is the perfect time to replace siding.
But for your personal home and schedule, there could be a better time of year than another. Keep reading as we discuss the pros and cons of replacing siding at different times of the year in the Pacific Northwest.
Weighing the Pros and Cons of the Best Time To Replace Siding Throughout Different Seasons
Spring is the best time of year to replace siding. No, fall is the best.
You may hear varying opinions from different people. So which is correct?
Searching for the answer can create confusion and even more questions. We’re here to put your mind at ease. Take a journey with us through the seasons as we compare the pros and cons — and find out once and for all what the best time of year is best to replace your siding in the Pacific Northwest.
Replacing Siding in the Winter
Pros of a Winter Siding Installation
Some of the pros of installing siding in the winter include:
- There are fewer blooming flowers and bushes to worry about getting in the way.
- You can quickly enjoy the benefits of a warmer winter home.
- You can often get a quicker, more convenient installation date.
- Kids are often at school during the day, so you won’t have to worry about them running in and out of the house on installation days.
- Elite Home Exterior uses a weather barrier during installation — so your home is protected from the winter weather, even before the siding is installed.
Cons of a Winter Siding Installation
Even though siding can be installed during the winter, there are a few cons to consider:
- Rain, especially in the Pacific Northwest with colder temperatures, may cause some people to want to wait to have projects done.
- Snow, ice, and other weather conditions can cause delays in installation.
- Your installers must be careful because some materials and equipment can be sensitive to winter weather.
Don’t let the Pacific Northwest’s weather scare you into delaying your siding installation — especially if you see signs of rot or damage. If you wait too long and rot or damage continues, it can end up costing you thousands more.
The professionals at Elite Home Exteriors will always have the right materials, equipment, and timing for the job. You can count on that!
Replacing Siding in the Spring
Pros of a Spring Siding Installation
Spring can be a great time to replace siding because:
- There are usually fewer weather-related delays.
- You’ll be all set up for outdoor summer hosting and gatherings.
- The siding will provide your home with energy efficiency before the summer temperatures hit.
- You can improve your curb appeal as the flowers bloom.
- Even with spring rain, Elite Home Exteriors has your home and siding protected with a weather barrier.
Cons of a Spring Siding Installation
With better weather than in winter, spring siding installs can have downfalls:
- The weather can be unpredictable, so installation delays are possible.
- You still might be dealing with colder temperatures.
- It’s probably raining in the Pacific Northwest, which leads to rot and other issues.
While you might want to wait a little longer for the rain to stop, you should never wait to wait for a problem with your siding to occur before doing something about it. If you know your siding is in need of replacing, don’t delay.
Call the experts today for a free consultation of your home’s siding. Some may believe that the best of time year to replace siding in the PNW is in the spring — but there’s no wrong time of year to replace siding when you have the right people on the job.
Replacing Siding in the Summer
Pros of a Summer Siding Installation
Summer can be an ideal time to replace siding because:
- Installation can be quicker with fewer weather-related delays.
- The days are longer, offering more daylight to complete the installation more quickly.
- It’s just in time to create a more energy-efficient home before the summer temperatures get too high.
- Summer in the PNW can bring beautiful, cool days with less rain.
Cons of a Summer Siding Installation
Even with the possibility of beautiful summer weather, it might not be the best time for some homeowners:
- Summers can be hotter, and some siding materials might not do as well in the heat during installation.
- You might have less availability for home renovations with vacations or activities planned.
- The installation process can get in the way of backyard parties or gatherings.
- Floating in your pool isn’t ideal with installers working on your home.
Before using the weather or a busy summer schedule to delay installing new siding, ensure that waiting won’t cause damage to your current siding. Rot or other issues can cost you more the longer you wait.
It may be best to go ahead and have a siding professional look at your current siding situation. At Elite Home Exteriors, we offer a no-hassle, FREE consultation — to help you decide the best time of year to replace siding on your home.
Replacing Siding in the Fall
Pros of a Fall Siding Installation
Having new siding installed in the fall might be ideal for you for a few reasons:
- It prepares you for the winter weather, ensuring there are no leaks or other issues from water and cold temperatures.
- Fall is typically a slower time for many siding companies, offering you more options for install dates.
- It offers ideal weather and temperatures for outdoor projects.
- You can add extra curb appeal along with your porch pumpkins and hay bales.
Cons of a Fall Siding Installation
There aren’t many cons to consider for fall siding installation:
- Some people are busy with school and sports starting back in the fall.
- You may not want to deal with weeks of installation competing with your outdoor fall decor.
With so few cons, fall may be the best time of year to replace siding on your home. But waiting for fall to arrive might not be in your best interest — especially if you’re already noticing issues with your current siding.
Even when you’re ready to schedule, it could be two months or longer before your installers can begin work. Contact us today at Elite Home Exteriors. We’d love to chat with you about your home’s siding needs and help you decide the best time to replace your home’s siding.
Elite Home Exteriors: James Hardie Installation Professionals in the PNW
If you’re looking to install new siding on your home and want the job done right, Elite Home Exteriors is here to tackle the task — no matter the time of year.
As a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor and Installer, we are a certified company that knows the best ways to install your siding to maximize its quality and lifespan.
With Elite Home Exteriors, it’s always the best time of the year to replace siding. Contact us today for a free consultation.